In 1979 Bob Izumi became Canada's first full-time professional fisherman. Since then he has become Canada's most authoritative sport fishing expert. Bob is the country's most successful tournament fisherman, a respected author, seminar speaker, conservationist, television personality and radio show host. However, these accomplishments aside, what separates Bob from all others is his gift and passion for the sport which puts him in a league all his own. His love for fishing has lead him to travel and fish all over the world.
Date of Birth: May 2, 1958
Place: Chatham, Ontario
- Has fished competitively in derbies and tournaments for 25+ years
- Won his first fishing derby at the age of 8
- Became the 1st full-time fishing pro in Canada at age 20
- Bob Izumi has won more than 50 professional tournaments in Canada
- In 1995 he became Canada's only Triple Crown winner, capturing the Canadian Open, the GM Pro Bass Classic Championship and the GM Pro Bass Angler of the Year award
- He is the only three-time winner of the Canadian Open bass tournament
- In 2004 Bob again captured the Angler of the Year title
- Also in 2004, Bob and his brother Wayne won the Canadian Fishing Tour's Team of the Year honors
- In 1998 Bob founded Fishing Forever, a non-profit organization committed to preserving and enhancing Ontario's fisheries. He has acted as Chairman of the organization since its inception
- Host of the nationally syndicated TV series "The Real Fishing Show"
- Co-host of "The Real Fishing Radio Show" airing on over 50 stations across Canada over the last 20 years.
- Co-author of three books: Bob Izumi's Big Bass Book, 101 Real Fishing Secrets, and most recently, Real Cooking
- Award winning journalist for Bob Izumi's Real Fishing Magazine